Re: Recovering Oracle 7 database via Arcserve

From: i-Punkt.Papenburg <i-Punkt.Papenburg_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 09:21:04 +0200

here is Karlheinz Wodzinski writing:

Hi Pete,
thank you for your help, but it will be a stressing weekend, because I don`t want to risk the entire database. I will find another way (more timeintensive).

Now my 'minor' problem:
How can I change single words as parts of article descriptions: I thought I could do it in SQL with:
update ARTICLE set DESCRIPTION= replace('oldword','oldword','newword') But this caused that every DESCRIPTION was 'newword'.

Karlheinz Wodzinski Received on Sat Sep 25 1999 - 02:21:04 CDT