Parallel table effects Index build why?

From: Ajk <amos.kudirka_at_firstdatacorp.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:09:32 GMT

7.3.4
2 wide 4 CPU nodes AIX running PQO, and PSO I have a table that is parallel degree of 8 instance 2.

Problem Description:
A coworker ran a create Non-Unique index and it abended with: ORA-12801: error signaled in parallel query server p008, instance 2 ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace What-ever

My question: I only have the table eligiable for parallel. Why is the index using the table settings? The index is set to no parallel.

No where in any of the tuning books says the index build will use the table parallel settings!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Sep 24 1999 - 09:09:32 CDT