Re: NT problem with archive log on-HELP

From: Tapan Trivedi <tapan.trivedi_at_abbnm.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 09:44:10 -0500

Anurag,
Hi. Make sure that you have lots of space available on the archive log destination directory. If this directory (or rather the logical disk that this directory is on) gets filled up then Oracle will STOP. Will not process a single transaction untill you have created enough space for the same. Also make sure that your system has enough of physical RAM and then some for NT (Neanderthal Technology) Depending upon your system you can write a batch job to move the archived redo logs to tape on a daily basis.

                                Hope this helps.

                                                        Tapan