Re: Strange error using db link

From: Christopher Beck <clbeck_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:58:28 -0400

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999 17:34:29 GMT, jchen99_at_my-deja.com wrote:

>Hi,
>I recently got some strage errors when using db
>link. One of my client created a public synonym
>for a pl/sql package on a remote server
>(oracle 7.3) so I can use my account to use the
>package. As long as I login to the remote server
>there's no problem. Now I setup a db link on my
>local server (oracle 7.3) and when I tried to run
>the package with the db link I got the following
>error:
>ERROR at line 1:
>ORA-02074: cannot ROLLBACK in a distributed
>transaction
>ORA-06512: at "remote_pkg_name", line 525
>ORA-02064: distributed operation not supported
>ORA-06512: at line 28
>
>The db link has no problem because I could do
>other things with it. Could someone provide me
>some clues? Thanks
>John

Error:
02074, 00000, "cannot %s in a distributed transaction"

// *Cause: A commit or rollback was attempted from session other than
//         the parent of a distributed transaction.
// *Action: Only commit or rollback from the parent session.

The clue is in the error message. The remote procedure you are calling via a database link is doing a rollback at some point( line 525 ) which is not allowed.

You will have to change the remote procedure so it does not commit/rollback. Then you will be able to call it via a db link.

hope this helps.

chris.

--
Christopher Beck
Oracle Corporation

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Fri Sep 24 1999 - 13:58:28 CDT