Re: Oracle DBA questions

From: Ales Kavsek <kavsek_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 10:46:43 +0200

Check these settings:
- on NT server go to the Control Panel --> Network --> Services --> Server --> Properties --> select Maximize throughput for network app. - on the client check bindings (Control Panel, Network) and put TCP/IP on top
- I prefer IP numbers over hostnames in TNSNAMES.ORA for my NT servers to avoid name resolution delay
- ping your Unix and NT box and compare the results, perhaps there is some network bottleneck

I have connect time up to 1 sec on NT (4xCPU, FDDI 100Mbps, Oracle 7.3.4, 8.0.5, 8.1.5) from my client (Net8, 10Mbps Ethernet).

bye,
Ales
OCP/DBA, MCSE, MCP+I