Strange error using db link

From: <jchen99_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 17:34:31 GMT

Hi,
I recently got some strage errors when using db link. One of my client created a public synonym for a pl/sql package on a remote server (oracle 7.3) so I can use my account to use the package. As long as I login to the remote server there's no problem. Now I setup a db link on my local server (oracle 7.3) and when I tried to run the package with the db link I got the following error:
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-02074: cannot ROLLBACK in a distributed transaction

ORA-06512: at "remote_pkg_name", line 525
ORA-02064: distributed operation not supported
ORA-06512: at line 28

The db link has no problem because I could do other things with it. Could someone provide me some clues? Thanks
John

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Sep 24 1999 - 12:34:31 CDT