HELP : Security precautions

From: Joao Ricardo B Oliveira <jricardo_at_ipb.pt>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 18:03:12 +0100

Hi there:

    I would like to have some advices about security. Can anyone tell me what precautions should i take to garantee that a database in a Oracle Server 8.0 under NT 4.0 could be the most securable under external acesses..

    My database was acessable only in the departmentes in the office, but now i need to have the possibility to access this database by public connections (Internet, etc)

    Regards
    Ricardo