disk usage incorrect in SAP archive directory

From: <tleblanc_at_cabletron.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 16:10:43 GMT

We recently upgraded our SAP database server from Oracle 8.0.4.3 to 8.0.5.1 and from HPUX 10.20 to 11.0. Since that time we notice that even after archive files are deleted, the HP-UX command "bdf" incorrectly reports that the space in the archive filesystem is still in use. The "du" command however shows the correct disk space usage.This was not a problem before the upgrade. We can workaround the issue by unmounting/remounting the filesystem but this is unacceptable in the long-term. HP support has indicated that this is normal behavior caused when a file is deleted that is still in use by a running DB process. (Note that it works normally when the DB is shutdown.) However, why did this change from prior behavior?I would appreciate any ideas.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Sep 24 1999 - 11:10:43 CDT