Re: Reusing free space in a table

From: Kevin A Lewis <KevinALewis_at_Hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 16:18:43 +0100

I believe the deallocate is talking about what has NEVER been used (i.e. what is above the HWM) not what has been used and now have been freed by deletion activity.

A good discusion of how to avoid reorgs can be found in

'Avoiding a tablespace reorganization' by Craig A Shallahamer to be found on the Free Paper area of www.orapub.com

Regards

--
Kevin A Lewis (BOCM PAULS LTD - Animal Feed Manufacturer - Ipswich England)

                        <KevinALewis_at_HotMail.com>

The views expressed herein by the author of this document are not necessarily those of BOCM PAULS Ltd. Alex Hudghton <alex_at_alenda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:7sftr7$ks6$1_at_taliesin.netcom.net.uk...