delete high water mark question

From: Anurag Minocha <anurag_at_synergy-infotech.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 16:31:06 +0530

Hi ,
I have a question that suppose we have 1 lac rows in a table , the HWM is set to a particular value. Now i delete 75000 of the rows the HWM still remains the same.Again if i insert some 70,000 rows will the HWM increase or will it remain the same.

I have to follow this procedure everyday in our database and am worried whether performance will go down or not.

reply at
anurag_minocha_at_hotmail.com Received on Fri Sep 24 1999 - 06:01:06 CDT