Re: Fragmentation of a tablespace

From: Kevin A Lewis <KevinALewis_at_Hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 09:54:23 +0100

For further discussion of this topic see

'Avoiding a tablespace fragmentation' an artice the Craig A Schallahamer to be found on the www.orapub.com site. Or it was last time I looked, under the Free Papers banner

Two key issues discussed here are

    1 - the different types of fragmentation     2 - actions for each - including the importance of PCTFREE and PCTUSED

Regards

--
Kevin A Lewis (BOCM PAULS LTD - Animal Feed Manufacturer - Ipswich England)

                        <KevinALewis_at_HotMail.com>

,
> Size the NEXT extent of the Fragmented Tables to avoid further
> fragmentation.
>
> Also you can size the MINEXTENT_LENGTH to avoid Free space fragmentation..
>
> I'm still not sure if Platinum's TS Reorg supports Online
Defragmentation..