setting up listener on unix

From: al <al_at_ibis.genetics.utah.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 14:28:26 -0600

Oracle Server 8.0.3
Tru64 Unix
AlphaServer 4100

I'm trying to set up the listener on Compaq Tru64 Unix. It seems to start
up ok and listens to the default port number but I assume that I must make
an entry in /etc/services for this port and I can find no documentation on
what that entry might be. I don't have the Net8 administrators guide yet
so I'm just working off of on-line documentation.

My goal is to be able to connect pc database applications, paradox, etc.,
to the oracle server via odbc.

If you can give some suggestions for /etc/services and any other tidbits about setting up for odbc I would appeciate it.

Thanks,
Al Tingey
Computer Administrator
University of Utah
al_at_genetics.utah.edu Received on Thu Sep 23 1999 - 15:28:26 CDT