Simba/Oracle stored procedure problem

From: <krysiak_eric_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 18:43:40 GMT

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me with a problem I'm having. I'm coding a Visual Basic application using ADO with a Simba ODBC driver (Build 67)to run a stored procedure on an Oracle 7.3.3 database. Every time I execute the code I get an error message telling me that I've been unexpectedly disconnected from the server. When I use the Microsoft ODBC for Oracle driver instead of the Simba driver everything works fine. I've done some debugging and I think it has something to do with parameter binding. The stored procedure accepts 13 parameters and returns 1. When I use the Microsoft driver and ask for a count of the parameters collection, it properly returns 14. When I use the Simba driver and ask for a count of the parameters collection, it returns 37! I don't think this problem is ADO specific; I get the same errors using RDO. If anyone could shed some light on what might be happening, it would be greatly appreciated. BTW, using the Microsoft ODBC for Oracle driver is not an option for the final release of this software.

Thanks,
Eric

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Sep 23 1999 - 13:43:40 CDT