Re: problems with dbshut/dbstart

From: Thiru <tmgn_at_excite.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 12:54:28 -0400

In the Client's tnsnames.ora file, you can add ( SERVER=Dedicated ) or
(SERVER=SHAREd)

to request either a Dedicated or shared Connection...By default, it requests a dedicated Connection..

You can have multiple Connect Stings like

Prod_Shared =
or
Prod_Dedicated =

in the Same client machine which runs multiple applications (say a Content Load job and a OLTP application) to facilitate specific connections..But the Server's Tnsnames.ora file should have (SERVER=SHARED) to server Shared Requests..

-Thiru