Re: Displaying redo log file content

From: Graham C Thornton <graham.thornton_at_ln.ssw.abbott.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 07:57:20 -0500

Uwe Schneider wrote in message <37E9E5AB.94188F11_at_xlink.net>...
>Hi experts,
>
>is there a way to display the content of redo log files/archives (Oracle
>7.3 WG server, Solaris) other than browsing the binary content?
>
>I am very interested in the operations which led to a huge amount of log
>archives over night.
>
>Best regards!
>--
>uwe.schneider_at_xlink.net

You can use this command:

SVRMGR> alter system dump logfile 'DUA2:[ORACLE7.MYDB]ORA_LOG4A.RDO';

Then look in the trace directory for the dumped file.

Hope that helps

Graham

--
Empowerment - delegating the responsibility but not the authority.

Opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of Abbott Laboratories. Received on Thu Sep 23 1999 - 07:57:20 CDT