OCI Programming : SQL Interruption

From: seb <sebflsh_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 11:57:40 +0100

Hi All,

Did anybody experience the OCIBreak() function ?

Does it work in any circumstances ( local and client / server connection ) ?

Usually this function will be called when the OCI program gets a interruption signal or a cancel message raised by the user, to abort long running queries.

UNIX Example :

void myInterruptHandler( int n ) {
  status = OCIBreak( <SVCHDL>, <ERRHDL> ); }

int main( int argc, char** argv ) {
:

  signal( SIGINT, myInterruptHandler );
:

}

void myProcessingFunction( ) {
:

  status = OCIStmtExecute(<SVCHLD>,<STMTHLD>,..);
:

}

What do I have to do at the statement execution level to manage the interruptions. Do I have to test the error ORA-01013 ?

Is there any special issue when the process waits for locks (SELECT FOR UPDATE) ?

Thanks!
Seb. Received on Thu Sep 23 1999 - 05:57:40 CDT