Re: How to create objects in specific data_files ?

From: Chetan Wagle <chetanw_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 11:13:20 +0530

Hey all you guys who responded,

   Thanks for your solutions and ideas.

   Here is one idea which no one thought of - will work in Oracle 7.x and 8.x too :

   If you want to create an object in a specific datafile only - simply use the alter datafile <name> offline statement to make all other datafiles offline thus forcing the database to create in the one online datafile.

HTH, Chetan
Bangalore, India