Data Warehouse Backups

From: Mike Vergara <mvergara_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 16:55:52 -0700

Hey DBAs:

We're working on our first data warehouse project. The software vendor is MicroStrategy. They're telling us that our data warehouse (mainly retail shopping data) will grow to about 700MB in the next year.

My question to any other data warehouse DBAs is "How do you back up that much stuff?" We're using Legato Networker as our recording system, but what do YOU do? What are your experiences?

Respond to the group or to my e-mail and I will summarize back to the list.

Thanks,
Mike Received on Wed Sep 22 1999 - 18:55:52 CDT