Remote database

From: Simeon Bailey <s.bailey_at_astracon.com.au>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 09:37:36 +0800

Hey,

    I have a program that connects to an instance based upon the ORACLE_SID and I want to make this program connect to a remote database. I have setup a service and can connect to the other machine in the form sqlplus login/pass_at_servicename. How can I make the ORACLE_SID point to the remote instance associated with a service name.

Many Thanks
S. Received on Wed Sep 22 1999 - 20:37:36 CDT