slower connection to NT than to Linux

From: <yves_at_staf.pi.be>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 23:08:31 GMT

Hey All,

i 'm heaving a nasty problem. I got 2 servers running oracle 8.0.5. One on Linux and one with NT 4.0 SP5.

The two are on the same network segment and there is no load on the machines and they are identical.

When i try to connect to the linux server from anywhere on the network it takes about 0.3 secs. When i do the same to the NT it takes almost 2 secs (a big difference). If anybody knows how to get the connection speed of the NT to drop please mail me at :

mailto:yves_at_staf.pi.be

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Sep 22 1999 - 18:08:31 CDT