Web Forms or Java??

From: <coakleyj_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 18:00:35 GMT

Hi all.

This is a question that Oracle Consultants/trainers etc etc avoid like the plague - they refuse to answer.

Basically, if I'm developing an Intranet application against an Oracle8i database. But I have no idea as to whether we should use Oracle Developer (and Developer Server) or develop using Java (say using JDeveloper from ORacle or any other Java development environment).
I'm looking for the technical merits and issues here - Assume that we have a skilled team with both Oracle Developer and Java capabilities.

1.So which solution will run better?
2.Which will provide the best performance?
3.Should I maybe even try to use the PL/SQL cartridge of
Oracle Application server together with JavaScript? 4.Is there a full list of things to be considered? 5. If the application were to be deployed over the WWW (rather than just an Intranet), would it change any of the above or the ultimate choice?

This sort of information seems really hard to come by.

All help greatly appreciated.

Coakleyj

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Sep 22 1999 - 13:00:35 CDT