monitor user processes

From: Steven Cardinal <scardinal_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Sep 1999 10:50:18 PDT

What's the easiest way to monitor a user process to see if it is still performing work? Sometimes a process takes longer than expected, and we are unsure if it is hung, or just working slowly. MS-SQL has a stored procedure called sp_who2 that will show me cpu and io usage - if we run this multiple times and those number get larger we know things are still moving - how do I get the same kind of info out of 8.0.4 or 8.0.5 ?

Thanks
Steve Received on Wed Sep 22 1999 - 12:50:18 CDT