Re: Q: Is Oracle 24*365 possible?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 18:32:13 +0100

Cold fusion doesn't help very much though, it only caters for consistent read blocks being produced at the 'owner' rather than pinging current blocks and rollback blocks to the requester.

Rapid update applications which don't
partition properly will probably be seriously hit by pinging.

--

Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk