Re: enterprise manager remote database connection problem

From: <marksmith101_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 17:03:31 GMT

   First off, one slight modification what I stated previously. OEM can connect to the remote database during login to the repository, but connection fails when trying to use the console with the same database or a different database.

   I did note that there has been some mention of a different $ORACLE_HOME for OEM 2.X. I was thinking that this might be the case for OEM 1.4 also, but I don't know of any good program trace tools for NT that will help be figure out what the $ORACLE_HOME it uses. If you have any suggests please let me know.

   As for the tools using a different sqlnet version. I believe that I only installed one version. Net8 to my understanding is a newer versin of sqlnet.

In article <7s825m$9vv$1_at_news1.xs4all.nl>,   "Michiel Ploeger" <nospam.Michiel.Ploeger_at_Bluewater-Group.Com> wrote:

> Maybe all your tools like sqlplus use sqlnet 2.3.x and enterprice
manager
> uses sqlnet net 8.
>
> M. Ploeger
>
> Chetan Wagle wrote in message <7s7u81$pli$1_at_herald.ctp.com>...
> >Just a hint....
> >
> >I read somewhere that under some OS environments, OEM has a separate
> >ORACLE_HOME. In that case the tnsnames.ora file would also be under
this
> new
> >ORACLE_HOME.
> >
> >Just confirm this fact.
> >
> >Rgds,
> >Chetan
> >marksmith101_at_my-deja.com wrote in message
<7s605l$tpk$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >> I have been trying to get EM (Enterprise Manager packaged with
8.0.3)
> >>up and running and connecting to a remote database system. The
> >>TNSNAMES.ORA file seems correct, because Sql*Plus and all of the
> >>utilities with EM can connect to the remote database just fine, but
EM
> >>does not connect and returns a error that suggests that the
TNSNAMES.ORA
> >>file is not valid. Any suggestions?
> >>

> >>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >>Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Sep 22 1999 - 12:03:31 CDT