Triggers and commits

From: <lucas.m.anderson_at_ac.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 12:56:14 GMT

I have a trigger that calls several stored procedures. Within the procedures are commits. When I performed the action that kicks off the trigger, Oracle tells me that it cannot perform a commit within a trigger.

How can I get around this? The commits are necessary because we need to be able to restart the procedures at controlled points if an exception occurred. On the other hand, we need to be able to kick off the procedures in an automatic fashion.

Thanks,
Luke

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Sep 22 1999 - 07:56:14 CDT