ODBC problems: data never refreshed, tables not found

From: Erik Norvelle <norvelle_at_ag.arizona.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 01:45:47 -0700

I am running Oracle EE 8.0.5 on Linux, and am running Enterprise Manager and Developer/2000 on an NT 4.0 box. I have got (apparently) the latest Oracle and Microsoft ODBC drivers for
Oracle (versions 8.00.04 and 2.573.4202 respectively).

The problem is twofold:

  1. If I use MS Access to link to my database, I am often unable to create a link to a table, and Access returns the error "Table not found". I am connecting as the user who owns the table, who has been given Connect and Resource roles, so I should have sufficient privileges.
  2. On the few times that I *can* successfully create a linked table in Access, the data that shows up in Access does not reflect updates that I make via, say, SQL Worksheet or PL/SQL. I have tried *both* the MS and the Oracle-supplied ODBC drivers, and have had identical results. Any body with a clue out there?

TKA,
Erik Norvelle

Erik Norvelle                               |
Support Systems Analyst, Sr.                |
The University of Arizona                   |
College of Agriculture                      |
Educational Communications and Technologies |
Credo in unum Deum                          |