Re: Does Personal Oracle 8 work as a server?

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 01:33:11 GMT

I believe it can, but only if you are running it under NT. I used to run Personal Oracle8 on Win 95, and could not connect from another PC on the network.

I do know for a fact that Personal Oracle 8i can function as a small server. I have a test system at home, and log into it from two different clients--no problems. I can run Enterprise Manager, import, export, SQL*Plus, the whole shebang.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are