Altering lobsegment storage parameters

From: Craig Duncan <crd1_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 21:47:58 -0400

Hey...

While scrounging around in a new application today, I realized that a lobsegment
has a storage parameter of maxextents 1017. That number of extents will shortly
be reached.

I can't figure out how to alter that parameter. When I created the lob column I
specified a separate tablespace for the lob data and lob index. I see that Oracle
supplied a segment name in the specified tablespace for the lobsegment.

DBA_SEGMENTS says this segment ("SYS_LOB0000006511C00002$") is a lobsegment.

DBA_OBJECTS says the OBJECT_TYPE is "UNDEFINED".

Anyway, I am unable to find the correct "alter" statement to extent this parameter.

Preciate any help...

Craig Duncan Received on Tue Sep 21 1999 - 20:47:58 CDT