7.1.6 -> 7.3.4 -> 8.0.5

From: Joe M. <joe_at_fix.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 21:23:01 GMT

Thanks, that worked and also git rid of my "cannot allocate new log" error. How do I go about moving the control files? I'm new at this but the person I took over from installed everything into /home/oracle. I am trying to move everything off the intenal drives and to the RAID array. Next I'm going to reinstall Oracle 7.1.6 on a seperate HP9000 test system and practice the upgrade to 7.3.4 then 8.0.5. When I do perform the upgrade from 7.1.6->7.3.4->8.0.5 on my production box I plan to be OFA compliant (or as close as possible).

Thanks again,
JM

In article <37E67B8B.D6988C88_at_excite.com>,   Thiru <tmgn_at_excite.com> wrote:

> >Alter Database Add Logfile Group 4 'file path' size 32m;
> will add a Redolog file . You can thus add files to handle your
current
> transaction with increased size and then drop the existing ( inactive)
ones
> with Smaller Size using
> >Alter system switch logfile ; # this can be used to cycle the
redo log
> files
> > Select * from v$log; # to show the status of the log
groups
> >Alter DAtabase drop logfile group 1;
> etc
>
> The 'file path' may have a new location ..this will move U'r location
of the
> redo logs..
>
> Hope this helps..
>
> -Thiru
>
> "Joe M." wrote:
>
> > How do you add more or increase the size of the redo logs? Also, I
have
> > moved the location of some tablespaces to reduce contention but how
do I
> > move the location of the redo logs?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > jm

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Sep 21 1999 - 16:23:01 CDT