Re: dropping tables in a tablespace

From: Xuequn Xu <xux_at_informa.bio.caltech.edu>
Date: 21 Sep 1999 20:47:32 GMT

You may generate a script to drop all the tables in a certain tablesapce:

spool drp_tab.sql
select 'drop table '||table_name||'cascade constraints;' from dba_tables
where tablespace_name='YOUR_TBS';
spool off

Then you will have a script to drop all the tables in YOUR_TBS.

"Robert" Xuequn Xu, Oracle DBA
Caltech, Pasadena, CA 91125

Sudarshan Sampath (ssampath_at_scr.siemens.com) wrote:
: Hi folks,
: I am trying to do a fresh import of data into a tablespace. Right now I
: want to
: get rid of all the tables (250 of them) in this tablespace as it I want
: to import
: the tables afresh.

: How do I drop all tables in a tablespace? I know how to drop a
: tablespace...
: but that means I would have to create new tablespaces with the right
: parameters
: from the beginning. I want to be able to clear out all the data (tables,
: views....etc.) in a tablespace all at once. Is there a command to do
: that?

: Thanks,

: -Sudarshan