Concerns with Foreign Key Integrity Constraints?

From: Andy Philpotts <AndyPhi_at_reciprocal.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 16:18:28 -0400

Currently we have applications that enforce referential integrity in the client layer. We are considering enabling the foreign key integrity constraint on the database to provide a stronger verification that the tables are populated correctly. Is there any reason why we should not do this? Performance is one issue that springs to mind... Received on Tue Sep 21 1999 - 15:18:28 CDT