HELP!!! Oracle Installation

From: Chris Forlano <cforlano_at_nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 18:53:25 +0100

Help.

I'm get this far in the Oracle Installer:

> ./orainst

-> Default Install
-> Install, Upgrade or De_install Software
-> Install New Product - Create DB Objects

    -> Environment variables -> OK
    -> install values -> OK
-> Products to install:

- Client Software
- Net8 8.0.5.0.0
- Net8 External Naming
- Net8 Protocol Adaptors - > TCP/IP Protocol Adaptor
- Oracle Unix Installer
- SQL*Plus

-> Install

... when processing the Oracle8 Enterprise (RDBMS), I receive the following error:

'ordts_common' software is not available in the current distribution source and has not
been installed. You must obtain and install 'ordts_common' software from some other
source first.

Note: You may also get this error if the Installer registry file has been overwritten.

I'm attempting to install the Oracle 8.0.5 client software for HPUX 10.20.

Any idea what I'm missing here?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Chris

--
Chris Forlano
Automation Development