Oracle hangs

From: <cniemann_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 14:44:56 GMT

Hello,

I'm using Oracle 8.0.5 for Windows and Oracle 8.1.5 for Linux. I have written a layer that enables an already existing application to support Oracle as well as other databases. The application runs well using the layer with databases other than Oracle.

With Oracle, however, the application hangs after some time. It's always an UPDATE-Statement that never returns from Oracle.

I'm using OCI to communicate with the database.

Did anybody experience similar problems using Oracle? I'm sure that the bug is somewhere in the layer that connects Oracle to my application. Are there some common mistakes, OCI users frequently make?

Thank you,

Christoph Niemann

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Sep 21 1999 - 09:44:56 CDT