Re: Oracle 'Inteligent' Agent (DBSNMP)

From: Michiel Ploeger <nospam.Michiel.Ploeger_at_Bluewater-Group.Com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 17:45:40 +0200

Got it fixed.
First I deleted all files generated by the agent. Then logged on as oracle and su'ed to super-user Started the agent, and it came up fine. Now it's possible to start and stop the agent under the oracle user.

I wanted to make some clean log files where I saw the agent couldn't read the user.q file. It was owned by root but the agent still couldn'r read it.
That's why it deleted all files of the agent and tried it again with the super-user
account.

Now i am gonna try to start the agent from rc2.d......

Tnx, Frederic to make me look more precise.... :-)

M. Ploeger Received on Tue Sep 21 1999 - 10:45:40 CDT