Re: Where does Oracle put my temporary table objects?

From: QuestionExchange <USENET_at_questionexchange.com>
Date: 21 Sep 1999 12:51:11 GMT

There is a strange facility called PL/SQL tables, which are basically tables with two columns, which are stored in memory(SGA).
The documentation for them is located at http://technet.oracle.com/doc/server73x/PLS23/ch4.htm#toc038 (you need to get a free membership to technet.oracle.com
> Hi All :
>
> I am not familiar with Oracle databases, but got a quick
question in
> mind.
> I am hoping that someone out there could help me .. ^_^
>
> I understand that under PL/SQL one can declare "TABLE"
like objects to
> use as temporary storage, or for storing result sets from
multiple queries.
> My question is where does Oracle put the actual data ??
In memory (SGA,

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com   http://www.questionexchange.com/showUsenetGuest.jhtml?ans_id=3487&cus_id=USENET&qtn_id=3415 Received on Tue Sep 21 1999 - 07:51:11 CDT