Export job problem

From: Gordon <gordon_horowitz_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 08:43:12 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to set up an Oracle job that's supposed to periodically export the entire database to a file at a fixed location. Creating the export job seemed fairly straightforward, but now I'm facing a strange problem - every time the job runs, it fails, claiming that the log file could not be opened ("could not open _filename_, no such file or directory"). I've tried specifying different filenames, creating the file myself for Oracle to use, in which case it actually deleted it once the job was run.

Has anyone any prior experience or knowledge of this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this has been bugging me for a long time now.

Thanks in advance,

  Gordon

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Sep 21 1999 - 03:43:12 CDT