Problem with SQLNet windows 95

From: Kekko <dini.f_at_adr.it>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 10:17:13 +0200

I have the following problem with this confoguration Client Windows 95
Server HP UX
Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.4.0.0 - Production PL/SQL Release 2.3.4.0.0 - Production
CORE Version 3.5.4.0.0 - Production
TNS for HPUX: Version 2.3.4.0.0 - Production NLSRTL Version 3.2.4.0.0 - Production
TCP/IP The problem is: Windows 95 clients have set up DNS. If the DNS server is down the client doesn't reach the server either with the name of the database server or with the IP address in the tnsnames.ora while if I ping the IPaddress the result is OK.
Even if I put the association in the PC host file IP address - machine name the problem raises.

I need DNS for other applications.

Who can help me?
Thanks
Kekko Received on Tue Sep 21 1999 - 03:17:13 CDT