Listener error - Oracle 7.3.4 & Novell Netware 4.11

From: Richard Jacobs <richard_at_jacobsfamily.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 20:48:58 +0100

I have a problem since upgrading to Oracle 7.3.4 within a Novell Netware network at 4.11.

(Previous Oracle 7.2.2 and Novell 4.11 was 100% stable).

The Listener fails after approximately 24 hours operation.

The Oracle Database is "stopped" each night to allow for overnight tape backup and on starting hangs as the SVRMGR cannot start correctly
(probably due to failed Listener). I have also experienced ocasional
failures of Listener during normal work, where users already connected can continue to work but no new users can connect.

Can anyone suggest any solutions? Has anyone else experienced problems with Oracle 7.3.4 and Novell 4.11? Is anyone using Oracle 7.3.4 and Novell 4.11 successfully?

I would be grateful for any help.

Regards
Richard Jacobs
richard_at_jacobsfamily.freeserve.co.uk Received on Mon Sep 20 1999 - 14:48:58 CDT