8i with only 48mb of RAM?

From: Ram Kalapatapu <ram_at_paganini.vron1.nj.home.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 21:52:56 GMT

Hi I am thinking about installing oracle 8i on my home PC running linux. Unfortunately I have only 48mb of RAM. The manual says a minimum of 192 mb is needed. If I am willinng to forgo those cool java utilities Can the dataserver alone run?
Thanks
Ram

--
Ram Kalapatapu
rkalapatapu_at_home.net Received on Mon Sep 20 1999 - 16:52:56 CDT