Ack! Development slows to a standstill...

From: <stevebruckert_at_elucidate.com>
Date: 20 Sep 1999 13:28:04 PDT

Hi there. I have been working with Oracle8 ver. 8.0.4 and am in the process of upgrading to Oracle8i. The automatic upgrade tool (ODMA) didn't work, so we're trying to do it by hand. Here is my problem.

I have installed Oracle8i onto a computer that already has Oracle8 on it. I have installed Oracle8i onto a completely seperate physical hard drive from Oracle8, and have created a new database in Oracle8i.

Installation, once done, allows me to exit the installation program. I reboot after this is finished. None of the Oracle8i enterprise edition tools are in my start menu, nor do they seem to be in the 'bin' directory off of the oracle8i home. The oracle8 enterprise edition tools are all still here.

Why am I having this problem? What do I need to do to fix it? I need the security tool, among others. Received on Mon Sep 20 1999 - 15:28:04 CDT