2 Java questions

From: <coakleyj_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 17:14:41 GMT

Hi.
2 issues regarding Java.

  1. We have lost a number of java source code (i.e. the .java files), but we have the .class compiled bytecode. Unfortunately, the developers have not been vigilant in their backups. Is there any means (or are there any tools available) of going from bytecode back to .java source code?
  2. One of the developers pointed out the following statement in a Java Book:

"Despite that java is a portable language, it is still technically possible to develop applications that are non-portable" - it continues to give screen resolution issues as an example (i.e. developing for a 1024 X 768 may not be portable to a 640 X 480 resolution screen.

What other issues could lead to a non-portable application?

All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Coakleyj

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Sep 20 1999 - 12:14:41 CDT