Re: SQL*Plus Configuration

From: John Duran <d3plan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 15:17:06 GMT

We are using the default English setting out of the package. The DLS_LANG setting is only required if the default language is not used.

So how do I force the use of default?

and what is the extension .msb?

What parameters do I set and where do I set them? In .profile?

John

In article <937603318.7452.0.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl>,   "Sybrand Bakker" <postmaster_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl> wrote:
> Usually this is being caused by an incorrect setting of the NLS_LANG
> environment variable.
> The standard abbreviation in message file name is US, you could
search your
> system for sp1us.msb. On NT this file is in %ORACLE_HOME%\dbs, on Unix
> probably somewhere in the $ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus tree.
>
> Hth,
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
> <d3plan_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:7ru8bg$qo9
$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> > I have loaded Oracle8i on Sun SPARC 450 running
> > on Solaris 2.6
> >
> > I have been unable to get SQL*PLUS to initialize
> > and have been unable to find any documentation
> > that addresses or explains the message below:
> >
> > "Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found
> > Error 6 initializing SQL*PLUS"
> >
> > Any help as to parameters, settings, directories
> > or whatever is needed would be greatly
> > appreciated.
> >
> > John

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Sep 20 1999 - 10:17:06 CDT