Procedures and privilege domains

From: Timo Haatainen <timo.haatainen_at_pvo.fi>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 16:06:34 +0300

Hi,
is there any way to execute a procedure in caller's privilege domain rather than owner's in Oracle 7.3?

I have several schemas in a database and each schema contains the same tables. I also have package which operates on certain tables. This all runs nice when I create the same procedure into every schema. I'd like to have that package created only once, e.g. owned by sys and granted execute to all users in such way that when executed the package is executed under caller's priv. domain meaning that package will operate on tables that the caller can access.

There's a short notice in dbms_sql package stating: 'The operations provided by this package are performed under the current calling user, not under the package owner sys.'
How's that implemented?

Please send your replies to my e-mail address too.

Thanks in advance!
--
Timo Haatainen
timo.haatainen_at_pvo.fi Received on Mon Sep 20 1999 - 08:06:34 CDT