Re: Hang at sqlcxt

From: Johan Wegener <xjw_at_xdde.xdk>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 12:30:38 +0200

svt <patpat_at_unforgettable.com> skrev i en nyhedsmeddelelse:37e5e229_at_news02.imsbiz.com...
> Hi all,
>
> In my .pc file, I try to call a store procedure, select_row
> EXEC SQL CALL select_row(:ReadRecPerTrans);

[snip]
> sqlstm.stmt = "call select_row(:b0)";
[snip]

I do not know from where you've got this syntax "EXEC SQL CALL...."???

In order to call a stored procedure from a Pro*C program, the proper syntax should look something like this:

EXEC SQL EXECUTE
   begin
     select_row(:ReadRecPerTrans);
   end;
END-EXEC;
> the program hangs when calling sqlcxt, it also hang at this call when I
try
> EXEC CONNECT
The proper syntax is:

EXEC SQL CONNECT .... When pre-processing Pro*C with embedded PL/SQL, you must use the command line parameter SQLCHECK=SEMANTICS or
SQLCHECK=FULL. This should catch these kind of problems.

Cheers,
Johan Received on Mon Sep 20 1999 - 05:30:38 CDT