What are the differences between the default accounts SYS & SYSTEM?

From: Dino Hsu <dino1_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 16:05:06 +0800

Hi all,
I am a beginner in Oracle database, know the highest accounts are SYS & SYSTEM, I don't quite understand the differences between these two accounts. Can anyone tell me:
1. What are the differenced between them? What are their privileges? 2. Are there any accounts which can be used even if the database is shut-down? (the connect internal) What are their privileges? 3. Can SYS & SYSTEM be diabled or changed in any way? Can other accounts be authorized to be as privileged as SYS & SYSTEM? Please also reply to mail box, thanks in advance. Dino Received on Mon Sep 20 1999 - 03:05:06 CDT