Where does Oracle put my temporary table objects?

From: FAI <leemingf_at_pacific.net.hk>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 15:52:55 +0800

Hi All :

    I am not familiar with Oracle databases, but got a quick question in mind.

    I am hoping that someone out there could help me .. ^_^

    I understand that under PL/SQL one can declare "TABLE" like objects to use as temporary storage, or for storing result sets from multiple queries.

    My question is where does Oracle put the actual data ?? In memory (SGA, PGA) or on slower physical devices ?

Regards,
Fai Received on Mon Sep 20 1999 - 02:52:55 CDT