Re: utl_raw Use in ODBC

From: <hugh_williams_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 12:09:12 GMT

What is the physical error you are receiving and ODBC trace log file would be useful to see what call is failing.

This does not look like standard ANSI SQL, thus it may not be supported via the Oracle OCI interface.

In article <37DD30F6.4D109474_at_alum.mit.edu>,   jal_at_assured-digital.com wrote:
> I am trying to use the utl_raw.bit_and() and bit_or() functions within
> the where clause of a select statement.
> This is successful when the statement is submitted via sqlplus but
fails
> when the same statement is SQLExecDirect() over an ODBC conn. I am
> running Ora8.0.1.5 on RH6.0 Linux. Using openlink UDBC/ODBC drivers.
> Other simple queries/updates/inserts are working via the same
interface
> so I think that things a set up correctly.
>
> Thanks for any advice.
> Jim

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sun Sep 19 1999 - 07:09:12 CDT