Need to start a program on a server with client application

From: David Dieudonné <dvdieudo_at_club-internet.fr>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 23:27:55 -0000

I have a client/server application, with Forms 4.5 for Windows 95 on the client and Oracle 7.3.2.3 for HP_UX on the server side.

I need to design a mechanism to start a program (writed with Pro*C) running on the server side with the client application.

Are there tools to do it easily ?

Otherwise, the solutions I envisage are :
- using dbms_pipe (a daemon read messages and start programs).

All ideas are welcomed.

Thanks. Received on Sat Sep 18 1999 - 18:27:55 CDT