Re: How can I login to Oracle7.1 workgroup server in my Solaris X86 system?

From: John D Groenveld <groenvel_at_cse.psu.edu>
Date: 18 Sep 1999 13:48:24 -0400

Please don't separately post the same article to multiple newsgroups, use the crosspost functionality of your client.

Your playing with a really old version of Oracle: You are going to get burned. Until Oracle make 8.x for Solaris x86 available via Try-n-buy, You should consider running 8 under the lxrun environment. http://fishbutt.fiver.net/slxrun.html

The docs are probably in Oracle Book format. The GUI for that never really worked right under UNIX, hence the move to HTML/PDF. You can try "orabook".

SQLDBA is probably trying to launch under cmdtool, but Oracle didn't include the resource file. Try opening an xterm with Sun Function Keys enabled, xterm -sf. set ORACLE_TERM=xterm. I forget if there was a switch to make sqldba operate in line mode.

sqlplus should run fine.

John
groenveld_at_acm.org Received on Sat Sep 18 1999 - 12:48:24 CDT