performance: index on foreign (primary) key ???

From: Michael Keppler <Michael.Keppler_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 13:19:50 +0200

Hello everybody !

I have a column that always references the primary key in another table as foreign key. Now I do a query on that column in the first table. Can I speed up this query by creating an index for the column in the first table or will the optimizer use the (primary) index of the second table for this ??

Ciao and Good Bye, Michael.

--
Michael Keppler, MCSE, MCP+I
IT logic GbR